Travellers play a very important role in helping Mother Earth. Be a traveller then tourist!
Every year June 5th is celebrated a World Enviroment day, an initiative by the United Nations Environment Programme
This year carries a very simple thought, but important theme: “Seven billion dreams. One Planet. Consume with Care.” More specifically, the goal of the global event is to get people to stop wasting so much food.
We see many tourist leaves food waste during picnics, tourists buy packed foods and leave the wrappers around,etc
Been a traveller for years, eco-tourism and responsible tourism is something I preach.
Here are “10 Tips a Traveller should follow to help Mother Nature” !
1. Do not leave your food, plastic waste in the same area. Carry a garbage bag with you and throw the same in dustbin.
2. Save paper by flying with an e-ticket than flying with printed copy. Save trees!
3.Carry a recycle bottle with you always , then buying new plastic mineral water . You will save 3 ltrs of water for every litre you drink.
4. If you happen to see open pipes, leaky pipes of water, ensure you close them .Water is precious!
5. Save enviroment by cycling to most places. You would see the best of places while you walk and cycle.
6. Suggest resorts and homestay you visit to use solar power electricity. Effective in cost and helps in nature.
7. Support local tourism by having local food, so that tinned food is not consumed enough.
8. Whenever you visit any take- away restaurant, carry our own tiffin box to avoid the plastic waste it creates.
9. If you see any tourist throwing garbage, stop them immediately & ensure you communicate to them well to avoid doing these things!
10.Carry seeds & Plants as gifts for places you visit .This will help eco-tourism.
Watch this “The World Environment Day 2015 Official Video”, directed by Leonardo Dalessandri. Seven Billion Dreams. One Planet. Consume with Care.
So do you think you have more tips, then join the Twitter Chat today at 8pm IST on “Travelers tip to help Mother Nature” on #WorldEnviromentDay